Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Washington State University Office of Civil Rights Compliance and Investigation

Resources – Pullman, WA

The list below includes confidential and non-confidential resources at WSU and in the Pullman community.

Confidential Resources

In most instances, service providers from the following resources can speak with you confidentially about your concerns:

WSU Cougar Health Services (For Students)

WSU Cougar Health Services offers a range of health services for students on campus, including confidential and private Counseling and Psychological Services, Health Promotion, Medical Clinic, Pharmacy, and Vision Clinic. The Medical Clinic provides confidential, patient-centered care to victims of sexual assault. We offer evidence collection through Sexual Assault Nursing Exams for students who choose it. Advocacy and support are available on site through a partnership with ATVP. Washington Building, 509-335-3575 (M-F, 8-4), 509-335-3575 (after hours).

Whitman County – Greater Columbia Behavioral Health Crisis Line

Mental health crisis line. 1-866-871-6385.  To learn more about the mental health crisis line visit Washington Healthcare Authority.

WSU Employee Assistance Program (For Employees)

WSU EAP provides confidential and private counseling to WSU employees and can provide information about referrals and service provider options in the local community. 1-877-313-4455.

Alternatives to Violence of the Palouse       

ATVP provides supportive services to all victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault/abuse, and stalking.  Among the many supportive services offered (shelter, crisis intervention, support group, etc…), ATVP’s legal advocates can help you assess safety needs and help you obtain protective orders.  Services are confidential, free of charge and offered without discrimination. The hotline is available 24 hours a day.  ATVP also houses the Whitman County Crime Victim Service Center, which offers many of these services to all victims of crime. 509-332-4357 or 1-877-334-2887.

Pullman Regional Hospital

Pullman Regional Hospital’s Emergency Department is open 24 hours, providing confidential care. Pullman Regional Hospital can offer care for victims of sexual assault, and can offer prophylaxis treatment and education. The Social Services department can provide emotional support and counseling and help people learn about their options and additional community resources. 509-332-2541.

Community Health Services

Information about free and low-cost health care options.


BetterHelp is a counseling service available to students who have WSU’s graduate or international student health insurance. Professionally licensed counselors are available via ongoing text communications, live chat, phone, video, or groupinars.

University Resources

These offices share information only on a need-to-know basis but cannot guarantee confidentiality.  Unless designated as a confidential resource, WSU employees are required to report incidents of sexual harassment and misconduct to CRCI or the WSU Title IX Coordinator.

Office of the Dean of Students

DOS can assist you in coordinating resources and support, such as making changes in classes or your schedule.  This office also can help your resolve housing issues, notify faculty if you will be leaving campus for a short time, and assist you with other challenges you may encounter.  This office also has Student Conduct Advisors available to help students understand the conduct process, resources, and their options.  French 134,  509-335-5757.

Office of Civil Rights Compliance and Investigation (CRCI)

CRCI works closely with OSC on student matters or HRS on employee matters involving discrimination, sexual harassment and sexual misconduct.  CRCI conducts investigations, makes findings of fact, determines whether the WSU Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct (Executive Policy 15) was violated.  CRCI also provides trainings about discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual misconduct.  Interpretive services available.  French 225, 509-335-8288.

Center for Community Standards

CCS administers the student conduct system and addresses potential violations of the WSU Standards of Conduct for Students.  CCS participates in investigative meetings with CRCI and addresses any disciplinary action, as appropriate, after the investigation is complete.  French Ad 130, 509-335-4532.

Human Resource Services (HRS)

HRS is a full service office designed to assist individuals with their employment needs.  HRS occasionally works with CRCI when matters that implicate EP 15 may also implicate policies within the purview of HRS.  HRS may also work with supervisors to address any disciplinary action, as appropriate, after the preliminary investigation is complete.  509-335-4521.

Office of the University Ombudsman

The Ombudsman is designated by the university to function as an impartial and neutral resource to assist all members of the university community.  The ombudsman provides information relating to university policies and procedures and facilitates the resolution of problems and grievances through informal investigation and mediation.  The office does not replace or supersede other university grievances, complaint, or appeal procedures.  509-335-1195.

Access Center

The Access Center provides accommodations and services to incoming and current WSU students with disabilities, psychological or medical conditions, or temporary injuries that limit their access to the educational environment. 509-335-3417.

Office of Veterans Affairs & Student Veterans Center (SVC)

The WSU SVC is a place to meet fellow veteran students, relax between classes, use the ample table space for study groups, take advantage of student computers and printers, learn about VA education benefits and University resources, employment and involvement opportunities, and attend various workshops.  Located within the SVC, the Office of Veterans Affairs can answer questions concerning VA education benefits, while serving as a liaison to other university offices, schools, the VA, and the military services.  The transition from military service to higher education can be challenging.  The SVC and Office of Veteran Affairs can provide you with the support to help you reach your goals.  509-335-1234.

Women’s Center

The mission of the Women’s Center is to engage with the multi-dimensional experiences of women students, to challenge patterns of injustice for people of all genders, and to provide a welcoming and inclusive space.  The resources we offer range from food assistance to activity space to skill building for leadership development.  Many of our resources are student-driven and community-supported, and we see them as an integral part of a seamless learning and living environment.

Gender Identity/Expression and Sexual Orientation Resource Center (GIESORC)

GIESORC promotes education, empowerment, and engagement for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, questioning, and ally constituents across the Washington State University system.  GIESORC also provides resources, education, advocacy, and training to students and employees.  Information regarding names changes, gender neutral bathrooms, and health insurance is also available on their website.  509-335-8841.

Division of Student Affairs

The Division of Student Affairs seeks to assist students throughout their educational journey at WSU and beyond.  Their web page lists various resources to help students lead successful and productive lives.

Cougar Success

Cougar Success aims to help students navigate and take advantage of all the opportunities and resources available at WSU.

Police Resources

WSU Police Department

Law enforcement for on-campus incidents.  509-332-2521

Pullman Police Department

Law enforcement for all off-campus incidents.  509-334-0802.


Legal Resources

Northwest Justice Project Free Legal Hotline (CLEAR)

CLEAR is Washington state’s publicly funded legal aid program.  CLEAR provides free legal assistance and representation to those who qualify on the basis of income.  You can also visit the CLEAR website for legal education materials and tools.  1-888-201-1012.

All documents are available in alternate accessible formats upon request.

In addition, printer-friendly resource flyers in PDF format are available at the following links: